Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Content exceeds the container

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    analis
    Participant

As in the example, the container does not stretch. Inserting overflow: hidden; in the container I have problems with rounded edges.

Can you help me?

analis
    Participant
    Beverleyh
    Participant

Remove height from #c

analis
    Participant

thanks

#c must have a minimum height of 620 px, I used min-height: 620px;

with min-height: 620px; works perfectly if there is only text on the page, but if there is a long table more than 620px the background does not stretch as I can do?

all my tables have float: left;

Beverleyh
    Participant

Why do you need to float the table? If you don’t use floats, the content will expand as expected.

analis
    Participant

I can not remove the float, do you know another method?

thank you

Beverleyh
    Participant

I can not remove the float

Are you sure? You haven’t said what you’re using the table for – we might be able to offer an alternative solution there which would make a float unnecessary. The problem might be completely avoidable.

do you know another method?

Clear the float?

It’s hard to offer any kind of useful advice though without seeing the issue in a demo.

analis
    Participant

everything is set up with float I should change 1900 rows of css elements, tables, divs etc.

with overflow: hidden; all was well the rounded edges were made with images, now that I’m doing with css no longer good eliminates the rounded edges.

what can I do?

Beverleyh
    Participant

Please see my previous post.

Paulie_D

It’s hard to offer any kind of useful advice though without seeing the issue in a demo.

This…if you can’t provide a minimal demo in Codepen.io which actually shows the problem there is very little we can do.

Don’t post the whole codebase, provide just enough to show the issue.

analis
    Participant

the problem of the float if I add to #cc overflow: hidden; It is solved but the rounded edges go away.

first I used this method but I had an image in #h (header) and #f (footer).

example:

https://jsfiddle.net/9wzaqkkL/

Paulie_D

It’s still not clear what problem you are trying to solve.

Is it the content exceeding the height of the wrapper (removing the height or assign a min-height was the answer I think).

There was an issue with tables or something (which you haven’t demonstrated)….

…and now it’s the border-radius issue.

analis
    Participant

Tables or other css elements if they have float: left; using min-height does not stretch.

Demostration:

https://jsfiddle.net/jpnbtako/

I’m trying to solve the problem without removing the float.

JeroenR
    Participant

The floating of the content must be ended for determining the height of the container.
    You can do that for example by adding this: #c:after {clear: both;display: table;content: "";}

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.