The Lodge is members-only design/dev videos and Office Hours.

Next Office Hours Session: "Implementing an SVG Icon System" Nov 30 - 6:00 PM Eastern

Content abruptly stops in IE

  • # August 24, 2008 at 8:24 pm

    Hey guys this problem recently started happening, and i was wondering if anyone had run into this type of problem before. Basically my content displays perfectly in FF BUT when i switch over the IE the content gets cutoff at a certain point

    (fyi: the site is running off wordpress, i dont know if that helps in any way)

    # August 24, 2008 at 9:35 pm


    I checked your website at and the second error reads as:

    An entity reference was found in the document, but there is no reference by that name defined. Often this is caused by misspelling the reference name, unencoded ampersands, or by leaving off the trailing semicolon (;). The most common cause of this error is unencoded ampersands in URLs as described by the WDG in "Ampersands in URLs".

    I think this is the point where IE seems to stop, where your first Flash file is embedded.

    May be worth a look.


    # August 24, 2008 at 10:48 pm

    ok, i did what you said and tried taking the flash out of the script, without that SWFobject script the page is valid XHTML markup but in IE it is still cutting off the content. but i now know it isnt the swfobject js

    # August 25, 2008 at 7:45 pm

    Thanks guys for all your help, i finally figured out what the problem was. The reason why it stopped for some reason was because of invalid markup that wordpress somehow inserted into a post (the main post on the index page) so all pages that had this post were getting cut off in IE, so the moral of this story: always check the code wordpress is generating in the HTML editor before you publish the story :]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed