Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Content abruptly stops in IE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rayishu

Hey guys this problem recently started happening, and i was wondering if anyone had run into this type of problem before. Basically my content displays perfectly in FF BUT when i switch over the IE the content gets cutoff at a certain point

http://khaledstudios.com

(fyi: the site is running off wordpress, i dont know if that helps in any way)

Jonny

Hi,

I checked your website at validator.w3.org and the second error reads as:

Quote:
    An entity reference was found in the document, but there is no reference by that name defined. Often this is caused by misspelling the reference name, unencoded ampersands, or by leaving off the trailing semicolon (;). The most common cause of this error is unencoded ampersands in URLs as described by the WDG in "Ampersands in URLs".

I think this is the point where IE seems to stop, where your first Flash file is embedded.

May be worth a look.

Jonny.

rayishu

ok, i did what you said and tried taking the flash out of the script, without that SWFobject script the page is valid XHTML markup but in IE it is still cutting off the content. but i now know it isnt the swfobject js

rayishu

Thanks guys for all your help, i finally figured out what the problem was. The reason why it stopped for some reason was because of invalid markup that wordpress somehow inserted into a post (the main post on the index page) so all pages that had this post were getting cut off in IE, so the moral of this story: always check the code wordpress is generating in the HTML editor before you publish the story :]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.