Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Contact form not working

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It used to work fine but now it only works half the time. My contact form for some reason doesn’t send the email sometimes, and sometimes it does. I have no idea whats wrong with the code.

yes i used the correct email,
    yes i checked my spam,
    yes i used a host

<form action="index.php" method="POST">
                                        <div>&lt;h4&gt;Full Name&lt;/h4&gt;&lt;input type="text" name="name" /&gt;</div>
                                        <div>&lt;h4&gt;E-Mail Address&lt;/h4&gt;&lt;input type="text" name="email" style="border-left:solid 1px black; border-left:solid 1px #3dd97f; z-index:1;" /&gt;</div>
                                        &lt;h4 id="message-l"&gt;Message&lt;/h4&gt;&lt;textarea name="message"&gt;&lt;/textarea&gt;
                                        &lt;input type="submit" name="submit" value="Send E-mail"/&gt;
                                    &lt;/form&gt;

&lt;?php

if (isset($_POST['submit'])) {
                                                $field_name = $_POST['name'];
                                                $field_email = $_POST['email'];
                                                $field_message = $_POST['message'];

$mail_to = '[email protected]';
                                                $subject = 'J-V.me Message from '.$field_name;

$body_message = 'From: '.$field_name."\n";//from entered name on contact form
                                                $body_message .= 'E-mail: '.$field_email."\n";//email entered on contact form
                                                $body_message .= 'Message: '.$field_message;

$headers = 'From: '.$field_email."\r\n";
                                                $headers .= 'Reply-To: '.$field_email."\r\n";

$mail_status = mail($mail_to, $subject, $body_message, $headers);
                                            }

?&gt;

shaneisme
    Participant

If it’s sometimes not working, and it used to always work, something changed somewhere.

Do you have access to the error logs?

Does the site work locally?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.