Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Contact Form 7 WordPress plugin – styling

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tobeeornot

I want to apply custom stylings to the Contact Form 7 plugin but I am a little unclear how to do so. I want to add the form to a existing template that includes contact details but I am not sure how you can position it or add the styling.

I have got as far as adding classes to the form and copying the short code into the html of the WP page. Is this the best way?

TheDoc

The shortcode from CF7 just goes into the content area of any page in WordPress (might even be able to go into any post, though I’m not sure). When you navigate to that page you should see the form displayed.

From there you can check out how it’s structured and then style accordingly.

tobeeornot

@TheDoc – I actually applied the shortcode to a new template page where I had some pre-existing styles for address details and a iFrame map but the contact form did not appear. I aslo checked the code WP was outputting and couldn’t find it.

I was wondering if I could embed the plugin codefor the contact form into the actual template so I could have more control over the code structure?

TheDoc

Aaahhhh I’m not sure the shortcode will work in a template (try not using the word ‘page’ when not referring to a page in WP ;) ).

Edit: Yes you can! Check this link out: http://contactform7.com/faq/#Can_I_embed_a_contact_form_into_my_template_file

tobeeornot

That worked great. Sorry about the confusion with the template and page – both separate entities in WP (I even know that!!)

TheDoc

No worries! It’s just that since I know that you’re just wrapping your head around things, you might not be using the right term, so I might not be sure what you’re asking!

tobeeornot

I can tell you that I would happily wrap that breadcrumb around a pole! It is causing me that much anguish :P

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.