Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Contact Form 7 classes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    tobeeornot

Does anyone know how to add classes to heading tags in contact form 7? I have tried using the standard and contact 7 convention for applying a class to a h2 tag but it always seems to target to the h2 in my css without a class.

Get in Touch

Get in Touch

TheDoc

Hmmm… are you calling the contact form in a page using the shortcode or in a template? Why not just keep the heading outside of CF7?

tobeeornot

In a template using the embedded code you showed me but creating the classes within the contact 7 settings area in WP.

Was thinking of setting the heading outside the form but thought there might be a way to do it within. What do you think?

tobeeornot
    mevaser
    Participant

What I have done, let’s say, I want a two column for this plugging is:

Half of the form here. You can add an image and a bunch of things like that in here.

The other Half of the form here.

Obviously, I would put that CSS in the main style sheet.

tobeeornot

I think I get what you mean. The bulk of the classes are set within the form yet you can set them outside too?

tobeeornot

Actually not having much luck setting the styles outside the form, either. I set a h2 class=”contact-heading” on the template above the embedded code for the CF7 and it keeps referring back to the h2 styles set for the main-content. Any ideas?

mevaser
    Participant

I do not know if you know this, but if you have a CSS that is telling all H2 that if you are in the Text area behave like this or like that, you can have a hack which will overwrite that, example:

.myhack h2 {font-size:24px!important;}

which means that if the H2 in other places are 14px, if you put the class some where in the doc, ex:

My Subtitle

Then subtitle will be 24px, and not 14px.

TheDoc

Just want to point out that “.myhack h2” will not target the HTML that you posted. You would need to use “h2.myhack” or just “.myhack”.

tobeeornot

Thanks Doc

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.