Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Conflict Between Set Parent Div Height & Responsive Child Size

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    xtiana
    Participant

I’m using a theme that for some reason sets the height for a “slideshow” section as 969px. I put my Revolution Slider in there, which is nice and responsive, so it adapts even though its parent div does not. The only problem is that everything I plug in now below that thinks it needs to go way down below the end of that 969px high parent div. I’ve tried setting max-heights of say, 600px, but then that still isn’t good on smaller (i.e. mobile) screens. I guess I could break it down by device size and custom code max-heights for different sizes. Just hoping there’s another way that I’m overlooking!

The page I’m fighting with is here:
    http://www.uwajimaya-merchants.org/2016/

Hopefully that’s self explanatory enough without the CSS, but I’m happy to provide that if there might be a solution and that would help. Thanks in advance!

Christi

Beverleyh
    Participant

I can’t test anything at the mo as I’m on iPad, but what happens if you either remove the fixed section height altogether, or override it with height:auto; (i.e. don’t use a height or max-height and let the slider expand the parent to create however much height it needs)?

xtiana
    Participant

Oh geez, setting height as auto is perfect. I don’t know how I missed that. Thanks a ton!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.