Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Complex CSS image swapping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gee

Hey All,

I’m new here, though it’s a place I visit quite a bit.

I have a question for those CSS gurus out there… as I am not sure if this can be done.

The thinking here is based on CSS image swappers, which we have used extensively in a new site build we are working on; so much a better solution than java.

Anyway, one of the features of this site is what is called a ‘custom builder’, a flash file that allows a visitor to go and pick colours etc. from a list and see them displayed over an image. One such example is a stripe on a t-shirt that is offered in a number of colours – the visitor can click on various ‘swatches’ to see the stripe in the different colours appear over the image.

We hate Flash and would love to see if we can do this in CSS and what made me think about it is the ability through CSS to assign multiple image states to a button – hover, click, visited…

There seems in principle no reason the same thinking could not be applied to these ‘builders’ we have, as the stripe could easily appear in the :hover, the catch is how would one make the selection ‘stick’ once the swatch has been clicked? Likewise, could a selection be cleared/reset when another swatch is clicked?

I’d love to hear what you all think and if this is actually doable.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Gerard

Luminated

I second the above…you’re going to need Java at some point, especially for when the user switches back and forth between the swatches.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.