Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Comments not obeying.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’ve been trying to tinker with it however, I’m definitely not good at coding. :D I can’t seem to make the comment page to look like other pages or to make it on the same page.

Doh! Wow, I’m being slow today, sorry about that. Here’s the site. Clearly the comments are not even working because it’s permalink which I do not understand why. However that can be changed. It will probably end up being a stupid reason for why it’s not working.

I can’t seem to get the comments page to look like the index, or at least the basics of it.

And this is the chunk of code at the bottom with the date, category and the comments.

Code:

at | |

You might like to read this article before posting a question of this type to the forums.

:mrgreen:

Sorry about that, I’ve fixed it the post I hope.

Hey no worries that’s what that article is for :)

Comments seem to be working for me. The index page has the comment count and the single post page has the comments in full.

This is the default behaviour with WordPress – what were you expecting it to do?

[img]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5702/pandabear.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9532/pandabearcomment.jpg[/img]

I can’t seem to get the comments page to look like the index, or at least the basics of it. If that’s understandable. :)

The index page is index.php in the theme folder. The single post page is single.php.

Unfortunately you need to duplicate the format you used in index.php in single.php to get them to look the same.

This is IMO one of the weark links with WordPress theming – too much duplication. But it is still one of the best blog and CMS platforms out there ;)

Thanks! It’s fixed now. :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.