Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Codepen Emmet SCSS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kuzyo
    Participant

Hi, guys.

Is in Codepen option to use Emmet in CSS(SCSS)?

When I use it in simple CSS works good **d + TAB** becomes **display: ;** but in SCSS becomes

d  /d

, can I somehow to fix it?

Plus annoying red messages – invalid css

Thanks.

jimmy
    Participant

Did you mean <d></d>?

Same here. :( I swear it used to work though, I don’t recall such problems before.

Paulie_D

I don’t know but to the best of my googling…Emmett does not support SAAS/SCSS

Kuzyo
    Participant

@jimmyniceguy yepp, the same here (((

@Paulie_D
    I use Emmet in Webstorm for .scss

Paulie_D

**Webstorm** have done something but I can’t find anything in the Emmett documentation.

jimmy
    Participant

@Paulie_D:

All CSS is valid SCSS. Expanding “d” to “display” worked for CSS, therefore it will/should work in SCSS.
    I work in Sublime Text 2 with Emmet, using SCSS and I am having no problem with “d”, “pos”, “m0”, “p0”, “!”, etc at all.

Paulie_D

What I am saying is the it Emmet doesn’t work out of the box in “SCSS format”.

Logically it should but 3rd party apps obviously have there own workarounds / implementation to reproduce that functionality…or have I missed something?

Whether Codepen can do the same would be nice but that’s an update / upgrade we can hope for.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I just fixed this – we’ll push it out maybe tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

I’d love support to go through http://codepen.io/support if possible. I’ll try and watch everywhere, it’s just when it goes through there there is a 100% chance the team will see it =)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.