Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Codepen Bug or Hacked?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RedJokingInn

Since the online feedback form of CodePen is under maintenance and a lot of CodePen users hang out here also, I’ll post this question here on css tricks.

When clicking on “Recent” in CodePen, logged in or not, I always get redirected to “devolr.com”. Is this a bug or is CodePen hacked? Does anybody else experience this?

chrisburton
    Participant
    SilverSerpent
    Participant

Recent works for me

chrisburton
    Participant

@RedJokingInn It could just be your computer. You should probably restore to an earlier point and see if that works (if you’re using Windows, which I bet you are).

RedJokingInn

I think CodePen is undergoing maintenance. Just checked again and now it doesn’t happen anymore.

@chrisburton
    Thx for pointing out the message link in the profile page Chris.

Or my windows – browser is going crazy. Could be that also. ;)

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Another user was experiencing this too :: https://twitter.com/bartveneman/status/351058912826499074

But I can’t seem to replicate it. That guy seem to think it was this user http://codepen.io/LEO01/ but again I can’t find a pen that causes an actual redirect. It’s certainly not a hack, but we do of course allow users to run arbitrary code so stuff like redirects can slip through if we don’t stay on top of stuff like that. So if you can find the Pen and replicate the redirect, definitely let me know.

RedJokingInn

I found the CodePen that causes the redirection. It’s indeed from that member.

Message send to you @chriscoyier

cxlvii
    Participant

Today my friend failed to load codepen too. Instead he was redirected here 54.214.29.179 (SecondLife MMO).. No matter was it a direct pen-link, or a home page link, or a google search result for “codepen”..

Paulie_D

I’ve had no issues today.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.