Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Codekit > SASS: How to change CSS Output Indent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    pxforti
    Participant

Hi, Using Codekit > SASS to generate css output. The css output has a default indent of two spaces. I’d prefer 4 spaces but can’t find any setting or documentation on how to modify the css output.

Anyone know how?

Thanks

michaellee
    Participant

Do you have some CSS output to toss up somewhere? Wondering if this is something that CodeKit is doing or if your IDE is set that way by default? I could be wrong. If you’re comfortable with the command-line and have Ruby set up on your machine, why not just use Sass’ command-line tool?

pxforti
    Participant

By default, in coda, I have indents set at 4 spaces. There is no setting in codekit to change that. Not really interested in using command line for sass: that’s why I got codekit :)

Here is sample css output:

input[type=”search”] {
    -webkit-appearance: textfield;
    -moz-box-sizing: content-box;
    -webkit-box-sizing: content-box;
    box-sizing: content-box;
    }

michaellee
    Participant

Hmm not quite sure then. I used CodeKit way back in version 1 but haven’t touched it in a while and haven’t used Code before. I did find this, if you do get around to using the command line tool.

Wish I could be of more help.

michaellee
    Participant

Hmm not quite sure then. I used CodeKit way back in version 1 but haven’t touched it in a while and haven’t used Code before. I did find this, if you do get around to using the command line tool.

Wish I could be of more help.

pxforti
    Participant

Thanks for trying. I guess I’ll have to live with the spacing.

TheDoc

The question I have here is: why does it matter? If you’re authoring in Sass you shouldn’t need to care about how the CSS is formatted. Am I missing something?

pxforti
    Participant

The reason is because once it’s on the dev server (instead of mamp) and I need to make a change to the css, I prefer to edit the live file and I can’t compile sass on the server. As a result, I have to download the css file, edit it, and upload it again.

TheDoc

Hmmm. But then you’d also have to update the Sass file as well, no? I’m thinking I still don’t understand :)

Is your code in version control?

Paulie_D

I prefer to edit the live file

Eeek!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.