Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other CodeAcademy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CMMayes
    Participant

Would anyone on here recommend Codeacademy.com for learning code? I’m an It/Systems Development student but I’m trying to get a jumpstart. Thanks!

Beverleyh
    Participant

You mean codecademy.com

I haven’t explored Codecademy much myself but our ICT & Computing students use it as a learning resource (along with others).

CMMayes
    Participant

Oops, you’re right! Thanks!

Shikkediel
    Participant

I did start some of the exercises there when I did not know any JS whatsoever. Thought it was alright but I can’t say much of it stuck very well. For me the best way to learn a subject matter is to have an idea about something I want to create and then research and try to get there. But I suppose that won’t work for everyone. First thing I would recommend anyone that’s completely new to JS would be to read through the main concepts on W3 schools.

http://www.w3schools.com/js/

Beverleyh
    Participant

For me the best way to learn a subject matter is to have an idea about something I want to create and then research and try to get there.

Same here :)

And it’s a great feeling when you go back to something that stumped you 3-months prior and you realise that you now know how to do/fix it.

I.m.learning
    Participant

I use W3 once in awhile, but it takes time for the pages to load and sometimes their codes won’t work on my local environment. I found this http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/ to be a helpful resource.

cdracars
    Participant

I have used codeacaedmy.com in the past as a quick intro to a subject followed up by a custom project to help sink in the lessons that have been learned.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.