Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Code Deployment help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    argent
    Participant

I’m hoping you might be able to help me with an issue I’m having with FTPloy. I haven’t had any joy with their support dept. yet and I’m wondering if there is a broader issue I’m missing that you might help me with.
    I have a staging site set up on a sub-domain to which I wish to deploy my local revisions. Despite crunching the options every which way with Filezilla, Bitbucket and FTPloy, I cannot get FTPloy to deploy to a meaningful destination, it just bungs the revision in the domain root folder. I need to nominate a specific file path on the server, but can’t seem to do this with FTPloy – is there something I’m missing?
    I’ve been troubleshooting with my host all day and they can’t figure it our either.
    Any help you can offer would be very much appreciated.
    Regards
    Colin Gordon

csbmedia
    Participant

Hey Colin,

I’m not quite sure if I fully understand your issue due to my lack of experience with FTPloy, but I think I still may be able to help you out a bit.

From what I understand, you’re trying to push changes from your local machine to a subdomain, correct? Have you taken a look at BitBucket Pipelines? I’ve been using it to deploy changes to various environments via tags and manual commits (via the BitBucket interface) and it’s been working out quite well.

Check it out and let me know if this is a good alternative.

https://bitbucket.org/product/features/pipelines

-Chris

argent
    Participant

Hi Chris,
    I tried DeployHQ and it’s been a great experience so far, I can thoroughly recommend them.
    As one reviewer says: “It’s so easy it;s like cheating”
    Thanks for the heads up on Pipelines but, for now deployment from Bitbucket is working fine. The only problem I’m having is pushing a database to remote with wp-migrate-bd pro which gives me SSL errors – doesn’t seem to like my local version of PHP or Apache or… something. Too complicated for me to grasp. If you can shed any light on this I would very much appreciate it.
    Thanks again for getting back to me.

Colin

csbmedia
    Participant

Ah, gotcha. Honestly, I’m not too familiar with that plugin (I’m assuming it’s a plugin), but I think that you would most definitely benefit from looking into Pantheon (https://pantheon.io/). We use it to manage the Dev > Test > Live workflow for all of our client sites. You can EASILY move the database from any environment to any environment literally in a few seconds.

FYI, if you need anything else feel free to reach out here – dreamincolor.co. We’ve done a ton of WordPress and Drupal sites for a multitude of clients, so I’d love to talk workflow with you if you’re interested.

-Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.