Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Code Collaboration Site?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    johnywhy
    Participant

Anyone know of a web hub designed specifically for collaboration on open source js/css projects?

A place designed to share code, and post improvements to other people’s code. Something like github, but more collaborative and user-friendly.

Not just a forum, but really designed to collaborate on code.

Thx!

johnywhy
    Participant

A place designed to share code, and post improvements to other people’s code. Something like github, but more collaborative and user-friendly. Something with stronger social features. Like, “Join the dev team for this project” and “Post and discuss a new improvement”. Co-editing, chat, messaging, profiles for devs to post their credentials, a search engine whereby someone can search for and join projects, a release process, project leads who can accept/reject suggested changes, a built-in marketplace to share finished projects to the world…

Jsfiddle does have a collaboration feature, but i don’t see most of the above-mentioned features. They do have chat, which is cool, but i don’t see profiles, private messaging, search engine…

i don’t know why github has always seemed a bit unapproachable to me. Understanding the github workflow and process has always been a struggle, but that’s just me. Github doesn’t seem designed to encourage people randomly searching and joining various projects of interest.

Gitpod seems promising, tho’ not sure 100 hours/month is adequate. i’ll have to explore further.
    https://www.gitpod.io/docs/10_Getting_Started/

thx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.