Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Coda for Windows?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    alfo
    Participant

Hey everyone. I really LOVE Coda, but it’s not for Windows. I would like to find an equivalent to this.

I know loads of people will recommend Notepad ++ and Filezilla combo, but the thing I love about Coda is the ability to edit files while they are on the server, without downloading them, or editing them while they’re in a temp directory.

Please help!!

jamygolden

Check out E Text Editor.

jamygolden

@Habbakuk I can see why someone would want it – I used to make use of E-TextEditor and it’s FTP capabilities. Basically you sacrifice security (the backups / version control) for speed and ease of use.

TheDoc

I’ve been using Sublime Text 2 for Windows. Doesn’t come close to Coda on my Mac at home, but it gets the job done when I’m forced into using Windows!

kemie
    Participant

For CSS only I very much recommend stylizer

AmruthPillai

The only thing close to CODA on a Windows PC is Adobe Dreamweaver… I use it most of the time in collab. with Notepad++

@kemie
    I’ve never heard of Stylizer before.. looks pretty promising :) Will check it out, thank you!

alfo
    Participant

@Habbakuk
    I would use this for small (hobby) projects where it would only be a few hours work, but also for specific server coding like connecting to MySQL databases with different credentials to my localhost WAMP

Thanks for the advice :)
    I actually don’t like Dreamweaver very much – it feels to clunky and heavy for hobby stuff.

chrisburton
    Participant

I’m really shocked people still use Dreamweaver. I used it for less than a day and never went back to it. Sublime Text is the best program I’ve found so far. @JamyGolden found an FTP plugin for it so it is a possible feature.

ajinkyax
    Participant

I will recommend Dreamweaver CS5/CS6.
    Else Sublime Text 2. I love both of them.

Paulie_D

I love Dreamweaver CS6 because it combines so many things that otherwise I would have to use distinct separate software + plugins for. Sure it’s heavy handed somes time and it’s live view is clunky (which is why I don’t use it) preferring to just view in browser.

However, I have hopes for Adobe Brackets which looks like it could be Coda-like

dfogge
    Participant

the only thing i use dreamweaver for is html emails.
    for everything else there’s sublime text 2.

karlpcrowley
    Participant

Sublime text 2 is by far the best
    I also use Aptana for remote editing when needed

dfogge
    Participant

@cnwtx, are you saying that you build html eblasts by hand?!?!

dfogge
    Participant

honestly though, dreamweaver has come a long way.

i still couldnt imagine using it as my primary code editor considering how unbelievably awesome sublime text 2 is, and the fact that changing dreamweavers code coloring is one of the most tedious things evAR!

luisimtz

I have just signed so I don’t have even a picture, guys what do you think about HTMLPad? I think it is a quite good text editor, I’m using it to create my code.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.