Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other CMS?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    james.davis

Hello everyone. I have a question and maybe being new at this I am confused, so I need clarification from the experts here. The client from the first site I have created wants to be able to update certain portions of the site themselves. They also want me to send them pages I update prior to publishing them. I thought to myself "no problem" I believe CMS will handle this. I tried Joomla because it comes free with dreamhost. I also used CushyCMS. Now Cushy gave me the edit page function I needed but Joomla was just too completed for me. I am just beginning to understand divs! And it seemed template based and I did this page from scratch except for the jQuery scripts I used… and the many tutorials Chris has instructed me in.

With all that said is there a CMS that will allow me to upload my pages, send them for approval, and allow the customer to edit certain sections?

pab

yeah wordpress looks like the perfect thing for you and like Cybershot said Chris ha a great tutorial on how to set it all up.

best of luck buddy

james.davis

I started watching part one of the series. I apologize now if this is answered in a later serious. Does this mean I have to recreate my whole site? In the beginning Chris tour down his old site. I do not want to do this. I just thought I could say upload my pages into a system, designate areas that can be modified, and send to the user to approve before publishing.

zero
    "james.davis" wrote:
    I started watching part one of the series. I apologize now if this is answered in a later serious. Does this mean I have to recreate my whole site? In the beginning Chris tour down his old site. I do not want to do this. I just thought I could say upload my pages into a system, designate areas that can be modified, and send to the user to approve before publishing.

You won’t have to recreate the whole site. Just make a template like Chris explains, and copy and paste the content of the pages into the WordPress Write Page section and hit publish. In the long run, it will save you and your client tons of time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.