Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CMS – What are you using?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rosco
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’ve been searching the forums to find out which CMS’ people are using today.

I know WordPress is incredibly popular, and I’ve developed a couple of sites using WordPress myself. However, is WordPress considered first choice for static sites, that do not feature a blog?

I’ve looked into CushyCMS, Expression Engine, Joomla, and Drupal?

I want to know what people are using for static sites that require a CMS to allow the client to maintain the site?

Cheers,

Ross

TheDoc

I use WordPress for nearly every type of CMS. I think it’s incredibly flexible and allows me to cater the backend to my clients’ specific needs.

WordPress for me too.

rosco
    Participant

Ok great, starting to confirm for me just how dominant WordPress is becoming

theacefes

I personally find it easier to develop my own CMS based on client specifications and what I think will be easier to make without too much fluff. That being said I use some frameworks like Kohana and codeigniter. Obviously not for those not comfortable in programming or PHP.

wolfcry911
    Participant

I use TextPattern

Pitchandtone

I’ve been using Silverstripe for a few years now. I’ve used WordPress, joomla and Drupal before on multiple sites. After those experiences I found joomla awful, WordPress good for blogs but too cobbled together for much more, and Drupal is great out of the box but takes ages to template when you have a highly designed site. Also have a friend who’s just switched fro
    Expression engine to silverstripe and thinks it’s saving him about 30% development time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.