Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Client wants to edit their site in Dreamweaver

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    maus

So I’ve recently been asked to work on a redesign project for a client who currently uses Dreamweaver to edit their existing site. They’ve asserted that they want to continue using Dreamweaver to edit their new, redesigned site.

My question is, can I simply hard code the site (each page) and simply have the client open the HTML files in Dreamweaver for content/text editing, or is there something special I have to do to make sure that they don’t break anything once they start editing the HTML files? Also, how should I handle the navigation?

Would appreciate any adivce, thanks!

Paulie_D

Not enough information ro be able to comment much.

Once you have handed over the files the client is free to do what they like with them…including breaking them.

The code editor really doesn’t make that much difference.

If all the client is going to be doing is editing individual pieces of content and not tinkering with basic layout or design then you might be able to use DW templates and lock down the important areas and leave ‘editable regions’.

That way, when they open the particular page the HTML will be greyed out except for the places where they are allowed to edit the copy.

Otherwise, it sounds like WP might be an asnwer as I understand that it integrates well with DW.

Navigation…not sure what you are asking.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.