Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Client wants a full screen flash slideshow gallery. Any ideas?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    noahgelman
    Participant

I don’t really dabble in flash much. I’d prefer to do it in java by they want full screen (full monitor) and that’s not something javascript can provide. So, any good suggestions?

noahgelman
    Participant

This isnt full screen, its full browser window. I mean full monitor slideshow

Poppoll

Have a look at SlideShowPro

cybershot
    Participant

There is zero reason to use flash for a slideshow these days as far as I am concerned. I would talk them out of the flash because they are not able to update it. Use jquery instead.

jamygolden

@cybershot I really don’t like flash, but this seems to be a perfect use for it, doesn’t it? Clients can’t always be talked out of their crazy desires. Also, you can set up flash files so that you can update it via xml.

alexbass
    Participant

Elite XML Website has a full screen slideshow built-in which goes completely full screen.
    The template is cut up into a load of SWF files, which you could probably use? Not sure if this helps, it’s just the first thing I thought of.. Good luck!

kimseung_ly

Good luck!

cybershot
    Participant

it is true that you can set up an xml file to load the images. But not everyone has flash installed on their system. It is more likely that a javascript solution would work better. I don’t, maybe I just don’t like flash anymore. I just can’t see using it when you can use jquery to accomplish the same things much easier

noahgelman
    Participant

We actually do use a jquery slideshow for when a user wants to quick view an image and cycle through an album, but because some of the images are very large/high quality, the client wants a full monitor slideshow to they can be as large and detailed as possible. I dont like flash either, but this is a time when it does call for it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.