Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Client doesn’t have copyright to images

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    droll13

I’m a beginner in web design; just got my second paying job. I’m 95% sure this client doesn’t own the copyright for most of the images he’s asked me to include on his website. (He’s writing a textbook and has, I think, gathered images wherever he could find them on the internet.)

I had him sign a contract, part of which states that he owns the images or has obtained permission from the owner to use the images on his website, and that he will "…hold harmless, protect, and defend [me] from any claim or suit arising from the use of [the images]."

Is this enough to protect me? Is there something else I should do?

I should add that there’s a strong potential for lots of additional business from this client, and that I really need the money from this job. So I hope the answer isn’t "drop him as a client".

Thanks

TheDoc

Nothing wrong with simply clarifying with him that he has the rights to use the images. Sometimes people just don’t understand that they can’t just go to Google and use anything that comes up.

There are a lots of sites that provide high-quality images that can be used so long as they aren’t for resale (sxc.hu for example).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.