Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Click event & Cursor style

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    astephens
    Participant

If anyone can offer some help here it would be great. I’ve searched all over the interwebs and cannot find a solution.

After an ajax/dhtml click event, the cursor style automatically changes from "pointer" to "default". The cursor will not change back to the "pointer" style unless you mouseout and then mouse back in. Normally this is not a problem but I have an instance where the link triggers a jQuery slidedown effect with an adjacent link. After the click the cursor switches to the default style and stays that way when I mouse to the newly exposed link. I’ve tried all sorts of tricks to force the cursor style but nothing has worked.

Has anyone dealt with this before?

Here’s a link to a demo. Both "blocks" are images and both are linked. Again, the goal is to be able to click the link and then have the "pointer" cursor show when you mouse into the darker box.

http://parasolchute.com/clickCursor/

Thanks!
    A.S.

akeenlabs
    Participant

I’m not sure I understand what the problem is. It sounds like you want the hand/pointer to appear when hovered over the "Click here to register" link. As shown in the screenshot below, this is already happening and it does so in Firefox and IE6-8.

[img]http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/166/5302009111135pm.png[/img]

I must be confused. Please clarify.

"astephens" wrote:
    After an ajax/dhtml click event, the cursor style automatically changes from "pointer" to "default".

This doesn’t happen in my browser, maybe you are using an utterly broken browser?

astephens
    Participant

Thanks a lot for taking the time to look at it.

I should have mentioned that the problem was NOT happening in IE 6+. I was experiencing it in Mac Firefox + Safari. I just checked Firefox on the PC and it seems to be fine, so it’s not such a problem after all. It still happens for me in Firefox on the mac but maybe it’s being caused by some plugin or something else.

Thanks!

apostrophe
    Participant

Works fine for me in Firefox 3.0.1 on the mac.

zadlo

Hi, astephens

when i’m testing your demo on osx everything is ok but when i test my the problem occurs. I have noticed that this bug only exists on osx on every link so this can’t be js bug. Here’s a short video about this: Link

Ps. sorry for bad english.

"astephens" wrote:
    Thanks a lot for taking the time to look at it.

No problem, I should have mentioned I’m on a PC. Looks like it affects Mac only. For once, a bug that only inflicts Mac users :mrgreen:

Benjamin
    Participant

So, after it slides, you want the cursor to be the black default instead of the hand?

if so,

Could you do something like $(this).css("cursor","default");

or something to that effect?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.