Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Cleaning Up Sloppy CSS Code

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bmoneruiux
    Participant

Hey guys!

I need some help cleaning up some sloppy code. I had someone over my back the entire time and now I can’t find where my errors are in the CSS. Some things aren’t lining up the way they need to.

P.S. I’ve also been VERY spoiled using CSS frameworks as I’ve now forgotten proper coding.

My CodePen

bmoneruiux
    Participant

Let me be more specific. The gap between the top boxes and bottom boxes. I can’t find where my issue is.

bmoneruiux
    Participant

It seems like the DIV with the placeholder image has some weird addition of height pixels that I can’t peg down.

JustinF
    Participant

You’re going to have to be really really specific. If you’re talking about the gap between between the footer and that blue box on the lower right, then that’s because you have a class of .height312 { min-height: 312px; } applied to that div.

If you want a simple fix for that, just increase that value by 9px. As it stands right now that box will always be 312px. The content on the left exceeds 312px, hence the ‘gap’.

Again that’s the only gap that I see. So unless it’s something else, please be very specific.

bmoneruiux
    Participant

Ok guys…my apologies for yesterday. I was running off of 2hrs (3 days straight) of sleep. And based off of the condition of the code yesterday, you’d have thought I was on crack apparently. But I’m now fully rested. Promise I am NOT that bad of a CSS coder lol.

I wiped out that old crap code in favor of fresh code. However one thing is bugging me here, and I can’t solve it. There’s seems to be a bottom margin-esque thingy attached to .nav-wrapper>ul. Can anyone help me tighten this up?

By my calc it should be resting at the bottom of the li’s…

bmoneruiux
    Participant

It’s fine. I fixed it. Thanks for the help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.