Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other ClamXav Mac OS X Infection Names?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vincent

Hey guys. I used ClamXav today to check for threats on my Mac. Anyone use this av? It says like every js file or file with js in it is infected. Also, like half the server data files in Version Cue come up, like all the random number ones.

All of the .js files that come up are either PUA.Script.Packed, PUA.Script.Packed-1 or PUA.Script.Packed-2. I’ve been trying to find information on their forums and stuff, but there isn’t really any. The information I have found sounds like PUA=Possibly Unwated Application.

I also get one file in my Firefox Cache that comes up with the infection name: PUA.JS.Obfus-3

There’s like no documentation that says what this shit means. I’ve been on the forums and everything. On clamav.net, it says one of the current threats is PUA.JS.Obfus-2… But, there’s no link or anything to it. I tried searching the site, nothing comes up :(

dipalina

Is it legal to buy a copy of Mac OS X leopard off of ebay? cause im thinking about buying a mac mini off of ebay thats running tiger, but want to buy leopard aside for it.

TheDoc

OS X is a tricky one.

Buying it off eBay isn’t illegal, at least for you. It could be illegal for the person selling it if they’ve already used the disc to install it on their own machine.

The problem with OS X (from an Apple perspective) is that they really make it easy to pirate and/or get a huge discount on their OS. I’m starting to think they do it on purpose to make sure everyone is always up to date, which means they can always push the latest and greatest hardware on its customers.

Anyways, I wouldn’t worry about it myself, especially if it’s listed as new.

Matt

@OP
    ClamXav isn’t exactly the best AV on the market.

@Legal
    issue
    It’s legal to buy, iffy to sell if you’ve already used it.

vincent

I have a feeling dipalina is a bot… this thread was inactive for like 5 months lol, then it posts something that’s not even related.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.