Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Chrome / JavaScript Problems?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BibCra
    Participant

I have just downloaded the files to the rethinking Dynamic Page Replacing Content article: https://css-tricks.com/rethinking-dynamic-page-replacing-content/ & it will not work in my Chrome or Safari browser (Heading Changes). It works fine in Firefox. Also the online demo works fine in Chrome. I have JS enabled is anyone aware of another setting that may effect this?

:)

TheDoc

What type of errors are you seeing? Do you have a link?

BibCra
    Participant

When the files are on my desktop and I open the .html docs in a browser other than Firefox the content is not loaded dynamically without a page refresh, on click the page actually changes. However, I have uploaded the exact same files to a test domain I use and they work fine in all three browsers. Must be a problem at my end but I have no idea what.

TheDoc

We’ll need a live example to help you any further, I’m afraid.

devil3682116
    Participant

how about the ads on……disable or uninstall if you have any ads on in your chrome browser.

BibCra
    Participant

Thanks for the responses guys.

TheDoc: Not sure how I could provide a live example as the files work fine when I upload them on a domain or look at the demo in any browser. It is just when I have them on my desktop and open the documents as they are and totally unedited in Chrome or Safari that the function doesn’t work.

devil3682116: The only extensions I have are Firebug and Web Developer and no change when disabled. Also doesn’t explain Safari not working?

This problem is defiantly local but I just don’t understand it.

:)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.