Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Checkout my website RT-Media.co.uk

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rtmedia

Hey guys check out my new website.. it’s an adaptation of Justin van Oel Brainstorm theme.

Feedback and Criticism welcome.

http://www.rt-media.co.uk

@rtmedia – Howdy! I’m not sure how I should given criticism here as I’m unsure of how much of the site is from a theme, and how much you’ve put into it. It gets points for fundamentals and staying within a grid. The flash slideshow is a little too over-the-top for me, and it doesn’t really have any meaningful content or direction.

You may also want to proofread the entire site. There are many grammatical errors that litter content. For example, on the Testimonials page I’ve spotted these two errors within 10 seconds.

“So what have our past and present customers’ had to say about us?”
    should be,
    “So what do our past and present customers have to say about us?”

Debra Garth is quoted as saying, “RT-Media have created me a beautiful website at an….”
    should be, “RT-Media has created a beautiful website at an….”

Even if that quote is copied directly from an email she sent you, why not work with her to fix it? I’m sure she would appreciate the gesture – your clients want to look great too! Aside from that, you really need to own anything that is on your site, whether or not it is borrowed from another source. Poor grammar from another source hurts your site as well.

That’s my biggest complaint. Like I said, the layout and site structure works – but it all feels rather generic.

By the way, “The Skin Pharmacy” sounds SUPER creepy and I cringe just thinking about what happens there. Any chance that could be changed? I don’t think it’s in their best interest.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.