Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Checkout my HTML5 (ish) Single-Page Portfolio

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rtmedia

Hey guys – put up my new site a few days back – it’s HTML5ish – Tried to keep it clean/fresh and simple

Any feedback/Criticism is welcome as always

http://www.richythomas.com

-Richy : @Richy_Thomas

Mottie

I hate you… now the bird is the word song is stuck in my head LOL

Otherwise great! but I think the column spacing in the Testimonials area seems a bit off.

sellenrick

I really like the font for the section headers and how they break out of their space. The social icons at the bottom are great, but I’m not a big fan of the very “stock” looking icons for your Services and the What I do/dont do. My only other comment would be that it seems a little repetitive to have your same menu on the page 5 times. Perhaps one fixed menu to the top, or a floating one to the side? If you did want to keep 5 menus it would at least be nice if the individual menus would have their section highlighted. Looks good.

rtmedia

Mottie: Firstly I’m sorry for getting that annoying song stuck in your head – if it’s any consultation – it’s now stuck in mine. I agree with you – The testimonial spacing isn’t quite right. Will be looking into this.

Sellenrick: Thanks for the pros. I agree – to be honest I needed to get my site up asap as I was meeting people who were asking me for my web address and all I had was a crummy ‘coming soon’ holding page. The icons are not there long-term it’s just something I found very quickly so I could get the site up. Am currently on the prowl for some ideas for better suited icons.
    With the menu – I tried both a vertical and horizontal fixed menu and it just didn’t seem right.I get what you mean though – it is kinda repetitive. Will definitely be implementing a ‘current state’ to make them slightly different.

Really appreciating the feedback guys- Keep it coming.

rtmedia

Hey Sellenrick spent the afternoon re-doing the icons to make them a little less generic.. What do you think?

chrisburton
    Participant

I would have to disagree on the typography choices. The droid-sans and droid-serif typefaces do not compliment the script.

The Noun Project – Best place for icons

sellenrick

Much better then the first ones. If you still are looking for ideas, I would offer up 2 ideas. First if you want to keep the services icons the way they are I would at least lose the reflection and just use them as a flat icon. Plan B would be to beef them up so they don’t have quite as much fine detail and emboss them into your page like the quotations in your testimonials. Oh one more thing… embrace some space… go into your .container_12, container_16 style and change the width to make your page a bit wider and add some padding.. the extra breathing room looks great. I tried it using the web inspector with these values and was pretty happy…

width: 1040px;
    padding: 0 40px;

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.