Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Checking # links

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    brianatlarge

Is there some program (preferably mac) or firefox plugin that can check a local site for links just listed like this:

Code:

I’ve tried to use some other link checker programs, but whenever it tries the # link, it thinks it’s a good link because it would go to http://www.whatever.com/index.php#

Is there something that will let me specify what to look for in the href quotations?

Thanks.

TheDoc

In Dreamweaver, or I’m sure any other editor:

Command-F
    href="#
    Find all

brianatlarge

I’m talking about a site-wide search, like if you had 15-30 pages.

I don’t believe there is any tool that will do this for you, besides downloading the site and using your code editor to do a search of all the files within your project. Dreamweaver can do this, Coda, Textmate, etc.

Alternately, you can use Firebug to search for the "#" character, or "href="#"" if you would prefer (just use the search bar in the upper right of the FIrebug window) but I don’t believe you can search multiple files at once. You’d have to do it one page at a time.

TheDoc

Falken, he’s talking about a local site though.

Sorry for taking a while to get back to this!

If you have Dreamweaver (please confirm!) it’s very simple to do exactly what I said.

Simply select the directory of the site (in DW), then Ctrl-F, type in href="#, then "Find All" (or Alt-L).

I do this constantly for site wide searches on sites that are 2,000+ pages.

brianatlarge

I’m using Coda. I’ll probably try this same technique and see if it works in Coda as well.

Sorry, missed your comment about it being a local site. Yes, Coda can do this.

— Hit Command-F to bring up the find dialog
    — Make sure to check the "find in" checkbox in the left files column
    — specify what you are looking for in the first "find" input box
    — Hit the "find" button just below the "find" input box

I use this quite often myself.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.