Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Check out new layout! couple questions.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LinCSS25
    Participant

Check out this new layout I designed! Id love any feedback. its not quite finished and I am aware of a few issues.
    http://www.linkcreativedesign.com

I have a couple things I would appreciate some feedback on.

A) does the images load too slow? Its nto TOO BAD when its first loaded on my connection.
    Is there a certain goal on file size to aim for to keep images from taking too long?
    B) Im a bit concerned about the size. it is 1024 wide.. it looks just fine on my laptop but when I hop on a computer that is 1152 or 1024 it looks too big. should I size it down?
    C) Do you think I should do the sticky footer for this? as you can see the footer goes right under the content. For the home page I would like ti figure out how to get it to stay at the bottom of the browser, same for pages that dont have as much content. but as far as pages with alot of content I naturally want it to be at the bottom. any thoughts on how to handle that? Thanks!

ikthius
    "LinCSS25" wrote:
    Check out this new layout I designed! Id love any feedback. its not quite finished and I am aware of a few issues.
    http://www.linkcreativedesign.com

I have a couple things I would appreciate some feedback on.

A) does the images load too slow? Its nto TOO BAD when its first loaded on my connection.
    Is there a certain goal on file size to aim for to keep images from taking too long?
    B) Im a bit concerned about the size. it is 1024 wide.. it looks just fine on my laptop but when I hop on a computer that is 1152 or 1024 it looks too big. should I size it down?
    C) Do you think I should do the sticky footer for this? as you can see the footer goes right under the content. For the home page I would like ti figure out how to get it to stay at the bottom of the browser, same for pages that dont have as much content. but as far as pages with alot of content I naturally want it to be at the bottom. any thoughts on how to handle that? Thanks!

Hi Lin,

It is nice and fresh, I like it, however, (you know me)
    A) Images loaded ok here, but I got a 10mb connection
    B) it is too wide, I got a 1024×768 and your image Creative Connections?? is off the page, and you got the overflow hidden it looks like. maybe squeeze it in to fit the monitor.
    C) I would not put the small footer on the end of your blog, it is too hidden, maybe put it as a footer to the left side. Or maybe give your main scrolling area a height so you can add the footer as part of the page (always shown) and have the content area that your reading scroll

I think your twitter is hard to read, same with the headings in the footer

ikthius
    "LinCSS25" wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback. Hows the size now? I adjusted everything so its only about 950px wide.

I took down the size of some images to so hopefully the load a bit quicker.

I dunno.. I really like the functionality and placement of the footer. I just need to know how to get it to stick to the bottom of the browser.

its not worked lin…

the text came over but the background never.

ikthius
    "LinCSS25" wrote:
    Im trying to see if the sticky footer thing will work but for the life of me I cannot figure out where to ad, move, delete </div> tags to get my footer outside of my wrapper.. Anyone every have this happen to them! Ive accounted for every div 20 times.. crazy

don’t take it out the wrapper/content div, just give your wrapper/content div a height then overflow auto

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "LinCSS25" wrote:
    http://www.linkcreativedesign.com/

I got the sticky footer to work.. but what can I do to keep content from flowing behind my footer.. especially on my portfolio and contact page.

add <div class="push"></div> after your clearing float div before the footer… you forgot to add it :) (I think)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.