Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Changing static Squarespace cover page scrollable

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    scoutdigital
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m trying to change my cover page from a static image to making it that the whole image is revealed and scrollable on desktop. I’m trying to use CSS to change the overflow so it’s scrolling but nothing is working. Any ideas?

Thanks

Shikkediel
    Participant

Show us some code please…

scoutdigital
    Participant
    Shikkediel
    Participant

This should do the trick, changing the height of a single element and adding a property:

.sqs-slide {
      height: 0;
      padding-bottom: 133%;
    }

I’m not sure how much access you have to edit style exactly, seeing you’re using Squarespace which I’m not very familiar with. Most of the code is minified and likely managed indirectly.

Edit – hmm… I’m seeing an odd extra scrollbar on Firefox. Did you maybe add this element yourself?

.layer-front.scroll {
      overflow-z: hidden;
      overflow-y: scroll;
    }

If not, it’s a clue there could be an alternative approach. It’s the culprit for the scrollbar in any case.

scoutdigital
    Participant

Thanks you so much for replying! I just tried and it’s not working. I have access to all styling through css. Any other ideas?

Shikkediel
    Participant

All I can say at the moment is that I’m seeing the same style as before, so no change in the source…

I’ve refreshed cache as well, maybe it’s a server side caching thing?

scoutdigital
    Participant

I’ve added your code to the source and removed all of what I added but still no change… I’m pulling my hair out… will i try yours again?

scoutdigital
    Participant

usually it updates immediately

Shikkediel
    Participant

Little can I say about it, few clues on Google too on general issues that could cause this. The style changes are not getting through, that’s for sure. It works if I change the code directly in the browser console.

scoutdigital
    Participant

hmm very annoying. Thank you so much for taking the time to look at this. I’ll try and work it out somehow…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.