Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS “Change the x & y coordinates of the background image in CSS.”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@ChristopherBurton Ok, I updated the image tags and now there are two white boxes where the transparent gifs usually are. This is how I updated the CSS Code:
    ***** Structure *****/
    body { background: #e0e0e0 url(../images/backgrounds/bg-darkheader.gif) repeat-x 0 0; }
    #angles { background: url(../images/backgrounds/bg-spectrum.jpg) no-repeat 50% 25px;}
    #banner {border: none;}

I think I must have done something incorrect because the image doesn’t link and now there are the two white boxes. Please advise.
    Thanks.

chrisburton
    Participant

Change it back to what you had before. I’m heading out, i’ll help you tomorrow unless someone else gives it a shot. It’s quite a simple fix now that I relook at it. I just think, personally, this theme was poorly thought out when coded.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ChristopherBurton – Ok, thank you. Really appreciate your time.

chrisburton
    Participant

http://doslives.com – linking myself

Where did you leave off?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi @ChristopherBurton – I did some more research and tried a few things, but didn’t make any progress. Looking forward to your insight. Thanks.

chrisburton
    Participant

@jonbyington – Were those arrows in before? I feel it messed with the layout a little, throwing what’s under the image off.

Edit: Nevermind, it’s the code itself.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ChristopherBurton I just turned off the Masthead Carousel Slider if that’s the arrows you are talking about.

chrisburton
    Participant

@jonbyington – Could you put it back? That wasn’t the issue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ChristopherBurton I just figured out that the little black rectangle over the car is from WordPress. That is where the Title of the WordPress blog appears if you enter one in on the admin page. If you leave it blank, it still leaves a little box. Not sure if we can remove that. I’m still trying to figure out how to link the entire header to doslives.com without a border around it.

chrisburton
    Participant

@jonbyington – I feel like we’re jumping to different issues. So we’ll fix the linking first. Copy/paste your index.php file using

Post index.php file here using Pre & Code tags - don't forget to close them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ChristopherBurton Ok, I think I’m posting this correctly.

include ( TEMPLATEPATH . '/includes/feature-slider.php' );
    } ?>

include ( TEMPLATEPATH . '/includes/categoryblocks.php' );
    } else {
    include ( TEMPLATEPATH . '/includes/homeblog.php' );
    } ?>

chrisburton
    Participant

@jonbyington – Alright, post homeblog.php and header.php

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive
    chrisburton
    Participant

@jonbyington – You ALWAYS need to put the code in the tags I stated before. It is okay to use multiple ones.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 64 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.