Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS centering two columns of links…aargh

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dutch
    Participant

This is an elementary problem, no doubt, but it has me licked. I am simply trying to center the two columns of links on this page. That is, I like their relative positions, I just want to scoot the two columns over to the right a bit–i.e., centered on the page. I feel certain there is some div-floating confusion on my part, but I’m not seeing it. Any help appreciated.

D

Paulie_D

The use of the font element has been deprecated and it should no longer be used.

Secondly, the first rule of centering is “Don’t use Float”.

Frankly, also, there is no need for the wrapping p element either. I’d prefer to use a proper menu structure (ul/li) instead but let’s just go with what we have.

So how to proceed?

Well the first option is to just add a width of 50% to the .list divs, then center the text in the p tags.

That gets you this:

http://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/zBvbRm

dutch
    Participant

Paulie,

Much appreciated. That did it. I appreciate your notes about the old tags, etc., too. I’m modernizing the site bit by bit, and there’s still some old stuff hanging around. I’m a complete dabbler, too, not doing this stuff on a regular-enough basis, so I sometimes paint myself into a corner. Thanks for helping out.

D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.