Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Centering Menu Items Vertically

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mintertweed
    Participant

EDIT: Make your way towards the bottom. I did not want to start a whole new thread since it still deals with centering (but this time it is vertically). Thank you muchly!

I currently only have my website on my localhost, but I screen captured the length of the website so I could receive some feedback about the design of the front page, here.

I am not finished with the footer and I really do not like the way it looks currently. Any suggestions on that would be greatly appreciated. Also, I would like to center the menu bar, so I tried to do a simple text-align, but nothing came of it. Here is a CodePen of my menu bar to help you figure out whatever I need to do.

Thank you in advance!

Anonymous
    Inactive

What is this website about/for?

Anonymous
    Inactive

There are a few things that i would change about your website.

1. Usually when people visit a website that isn’t an article or aren’t looking for information, they might not want to read. So i would replace that long description with something allot shorter. Or you can keep it the same length but move that introduction to an “About Me” or whatever text goes there.

2. The footer of the website that includes the copyright,navigation,and social network is too big. I don’t think people would care much about the copyrighting and all. So try making that smaller so it doesn’t become a large part of the website.

3. You should replace that “Forum” with a “Blog”. usually websites that are personal and about yourself don’t have much to talk about.

But overall its a great looking website. Very nice design and font-color.

wolfcry911
    Participant

Here’s a fork of the centered menu:
    http://codepen.io/wolfcry911/pen/vitrx

jurotek
    Participant

@mintertweed, you have to set this some minus px

#menu-bar ul li ul {left: 0px;}

and add text-align center

jurotek
    Participant

[here you go…](http://codepen.io/jiri/full/gItey “”)

you gave your dropdown LI width instead your UL

jurotek
    Participant

you welcome

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.