Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Centering 2 Background Images in the Browser?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    csokul

Hi All,

I am trying to create a centered background image (larger than the content) with the site content centered over the image, so when the browser resizes both stay centered independently. I can get the wrap to center but not independently. Is that possible? Still pretty new to html and css.

i.e.

css:

#page-wrap {width: 1280px; height: 1400px; margin: 0 auto; background:url(../images/background.jpg) no-repeat;}
    #site-content {width: 860px; height: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; background:url(../images/background.jpg) no-repeat;}

Thanks
    Craig

TheDoc

Make sure to add ‘top’ and ‘center’ to the bg:

background:url(../images/background.jpg) top center no-repeat;

csokul

Thanks TheDoc, I forgot to include in my example, I still am having problems with them being “centered independent” to the browser.

TheDoc

Hmmm, maybe I’m not sure what you’re trying to do.

If it isn’t centering to the browser window, what’s it supposed to center to?

csokul

It is suppose to center in the browser but the #page-wrap image independent of the #site-content image. Does that make sense? So as the browser get larger or smaller each div would stay centered.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.