Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Ceebox/Hash Change Function

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    attrition4u
    Participant

Hello all. Having some problems that I hope someone can help me with. I am a total noob. Realize it. Everything I know, I’ve learned as I went. So, please, be gentle.

I am putting together a site that has a dynamic haschange function but also relies heavily on Ceebox (the video popup script) and can’t seem to get the two to play nice. I’m sure it is something that I am doing wrong and, at this point, I am thinking that it probably has something to do with Jquery. If anyone could take a look at the code and tell me where I might be going wrong, I would appreciate it.

Right now, I have it up on a testing server at http://www.percealityproductions.com The only tab that is currently set for Ceebox function is the “new and updates” tab.

The Ceebox is currently working but the hashchange is not. If I take the ceebox scripts out, the haschange stuff is working. Any advice…?

Also, here is the raw code…

Perceality Productions | Home

attrition4u
    Participant

Nobody?

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

#1 – Looks like you are loading jQuery twice. The first ceebox/ script is also jQuery. I’d remove that.

#2 – Note that the hashchange plugin only matters if you care about IE 6 support. I’m pretty sure IE 7 and all good browsers have it natively. Could be wrong on the IE 7 thing, but I’m not about good browsers.

attrition4u
    Participant

I knew that/tried that. Unfortunately, whenever I remove the first ceebox script, (i.e., script type=’text/javascript’ src=’ceebox/js/jquery.js’), the ceebox function ceases to work. The dynamic page refresh then works fine (the hashchange function) but the ceebox doesn’t work anymore.

attrition4u
    Participant

Okay, update…I now have realized that if I preview my ceebox file, ceebox works fine until I click on another link and initiate the dynamic hashchange function. It’s only then that ceebox fails to work if I return to the page. So, I’m thinking it must be something in the javascript for dynamicpage.js. Once again, though, I can’t figure it out. Anyone have any ideas…?

attrition4u
    Participant

I’m bumping this in hopes that a half a year’s wait since the last post will entice someone into helping me out. :)

I finally exhausted the extent of my knowledge and couldn’t find anyone who seemed to be able to help me with this issue so I gave up. It’s only now that I’ve picked it back up and started tinkering with it again to try and figure it out.

So, I’m not the only one having this issue. On Chris’ video “#85: Best Practices with Dynamic Content”, the very last comment in the thread is unanswered and very similar to the problem that I’m having…

“This is awesome Chris! Now for a question:

Say your site has a lightbox effect for each image/video on the site by using a jQuery plugin –> $(“#guts a[rel^=’prettyPhoto’]”).prettyPhoto({theme:’facebook’}); When new content is loaded dynamically by clicking on the navigation link, the lightbox effect doesn’t work because the content has been added afterwards. Which would indicate that we need jQuery’s live or delegate function…but I can’t figure it out. Any thoughts?”

Same thing here. I’m using Ceebox (which is a thickbox mashup, similar to Lightbox). The dynamic hashchange is working. Ceebox is working. However, once a navigational element is clicked and the Dynamic Hashchange has been performed, Ceebox fails to work.

If anyone could take a look at this, I would really appreciate it. I desperately need help. There is a test version (at least part) of the site up at percealityproductions.com. Thanks in advance.

Chris

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.