Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Categorise search results

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bob

Hey,

Ok this is just a thing I got on my mind after searching for some stuff I needed on your website, @ChrisCoyier.
    I’ve always find it hard to find the exact thing I need, since you get results from screencasts, forums and blog posts. Sometimes I’m looking for a forum discussion, sometimes a video and sometimes the article, but the search results all have the same styling and there is no separation or categorisation for the different results.

Maybe it’s an idea to style them all differently, or show all forum posts together, all screencasts together and all blog posts together. Or maybe even make an option to search only blog posts, only screencasts, only forum posts or all of them.

I don’t know if this is the right place to ask and I have no idea if it’s a lot of work but I’d definitely find it useful as I use the search quite a lot.

I’d like to know your thoughts :)

Edit: Ok, there is some sort of a separation in the search results.. Screencasts have the number (eg #42) in front of it, forums posts have CSS-Tricks forums behind it and blog posts CSS-tricks.

Bob

Bump ;)

chrisburton
    Participant

So you mean the search results would return, lets say, 10 results in categories of forums, screencasts, snippets, downloads, etc?

Not a bad idea but I think maybe it would require the search results on its own page. And possibly users may get annoyed with clicking through so many pages.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.