Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Capture Email DB for Client

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bzmillerboy
    Participant

Hi All,
    I’m creating a landing page for a client and they want to capture viewers email address and store this into a DB where at their leisure they can access the list of emails. I know there has to be some simple solutions out there for providing this capabilit and I’m sure out of the thousands of options there are a few of the best solutions.

Does anyone know of a simple and easy way to do this? I’m trying to avoid coding a PHP admin area for the client just so they can access a list of email address?

Maybe something like WP Email Capture is my best solution, but I’d have to install WP of course…and that seems like over kill for a landing page.

Thanks in Advance!
    Brian

bzmillerboy
    Participant

I suppose Wufoo or FormSpring are solutions I could use however they are both quite costly when I’m talking about only capturing an email address for one client. I’d rather stay away from a subscription based solution…but I understand this may still be my best option.

akeenlabs
    Participant

Putting together a simple admin area is not very difficult; you don’t have to put together full user support when you can just use a single hard-coded username and password (inside the code itself, do DB required). You’re only talking about 2 (well, 3 if you make a separate login page) shorts pages. A php programmer could slap the whole thing together is less than an hour. This is really your best option. If you aren’t familiar with php, this sounds like a nice little project to get you acquainted :) We’re always here to help with any problems.

Whatever you do, don’t install WordPress. WordPress is a blogging platform.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.