Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Can't figure out where a transition is coming from on slider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’m using the default bootstrap carousel and there is a weird transition that happens as it changes slides. It’s like the images are sliding in and then dropping down rather than just sliding into place. I’m not sure if this is a css or javascript issue. Any ideas?

Here is the html:

`

`

here is a demo:
    http://aaronhaas.com/waterford/index.html

Thanks for the help. I finally figured out the problem There was a ” in-between the tags which I couldn’t see because it was hiding behind the header. Thanks again for the thorough post. I actually worked through everything you suggested and then found the stupid mistake on my part.

shaneisme
    Participant

Ah yes – that would cause the problem when they’re coming back into the flow.

That said, for performance reasons, you might want to look into making them position: absolute all the time. As I said it would take some tweaking, but it would stop the browser from repainting the site each time the slide changes!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.