Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Can’t change link color for 1 link in Canvas Theme for WordPress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Clare12345
    Participant

Hi,
    I have been trying to change the color of the links only in the footer of my website. The link CSS dropdown in the Theme Options is set to #FFF, but I want the footer text color to be #CCC. I have tried the following:
    Updating to the newest Canvas theme.
    Creating a `

` around the text and using for my CSS:

#footerright {
    font-weight: normal;
    font-size: 8pt;
    color: #ccc!important;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    #footerright:a {
    }
    #footerright a:hover {
    }
    #footerright a:link {
    }

All of these font sizes, text-decoration, and font-weight attributes work and are effecting the #footerright div except for the color. I have never been able to change the link color anywhere for one specific link in any site I’ve used Canvas on. I can only change the color of all the links on the whole site. I’ve looked for other CSS files and couldn’t find any that specify link color. How is this possible?

I appreciate your help, this is a huge help!

Thanks,

Clare

Paulie_D

A live link would be better.

Clare12345
    Participant

I will have to ask my client if he would be ok with it. Just going to check and I’ll post it if I can.
    Thank you.

Paulie_D

I would say that this….

footerright:a {
    font-weight: normal; font-size: 8pt; color: #ccc!important; text-decoration: none; }

should be this

footerright a {
    font-weight: normal; font-size: 8pt; color: #ccc!important; text-decoration: none; }

Paulie_D

Also…since these

footerright a:hover {

footerright a:link {

are the same as the malformed one above…they actually do nothing unless you are trying to override something higher up.

Clare12345
    Participant

Well, I tried that, and it doesn’t seem to be working. I changed the #footerright:a to #footerright a and it didn’t change the value of the color. Even when I try to change it in Google Chrome’s Inspect Element feature, the color doesn’t change. I checked the values above it, and I didn’t see any there either. Maybe there is a 2nd/3rd place the Canvas theme is pulling it’s style sheets from that could be overriding it.
    Thank you!

Clare12345
    Participant

Actually, that did work. I was trying to change one of the a:hover or a:link items in the CSS, but really I should have been changing the #footerright a and that’s what worked. I am also trying to change the color to a similar color, which is making it slightly hard to tell if it worked. But I changed it to a very different color for a minute to make sure it was working.

Thank you!!!

Clare

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.