Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Cant access sub folder install of wordpress, if wp is in root too if its pw protected?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mikeman

Hi, I have a domain name, ill call it mysite.com for this question.
    i have wordpress installed in the root directory, mysite.com
    i also have another copy of wordpress installed in mysite.com/members
    everything works fine, no problems.. cant complain :)
    until i go to cpanel and put a password on mysite.com/members

now /members is password protected. , i access mysite.com and still everything is fine.
    now i try to access mysite.com/members expecting to be prompt with a user and pass login window..
    but instead i am brought to my root domain. mysite.com/ and i see a wordpress themes page not found error.

so my 2 cents is, my copy of wordpress in my root. mysite.com is thinking i am trying to access a wordpress page called /members which i normally wouuld have created through the add new page thing through the admin panel, but sense that doesnt exist i get this error….

could someone figure this out? and try to tell me what to do?
    thanks!
    1 hour ago – 4 days left to answer.
    Additional Details
    i tried this on two different servers, from two different companies, so im pretty sure its not server configuration. but who knows.

Bob

Why do you need 2 wordpress installations anyway? Perhaps this is easier to accomplish with just 1 install.
    Or perhaps disabling your permalinks in the wordpress installation that is in the root folder. That way, if I’m right, that wordpress install won’t see /members as a new wordpress page, and your server should handle it as if its a subdirectory. Not sure about it though

Bob

Thats a difficult issue. Perhaps WordPress mu can help you with this: http://mu.wordpress.org/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.