Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Cannot get typeface to show up correctly in Firefox and IE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Greg777
    Participant

Hi there,

I wonder if you could provide some insight here…

I inherited a website developed using the Divi theme and the client is a franchisee of Bosch and therefore the fonts have to be correctly applied.

Here is what I did:
    Added all the new fonts to the theme and then the fonts(@font-face) to the WordPress editor. Then changed the parameters for the h1, h2 etc

The h1 and h2 fonts are supposed to show up as Sans type:
    h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
    font-family: BoschSansCond-Bold;
    color: #003B6A;
    }

In Firefox using Firebug the font is identified as BoschSansCond-Bold but it shows as Serif type. Same thing in IE (Chrome shows up correctly).

What am I doing wrong? (not a developer or coder by any stretch of the imagination)

Appreciate your input …
    Regards
    Greg

chrisburton
    Participant

Show code.

chrisburton
    Participant

My apologies. Perhaps the Tips section to the right should be more apparent to users.

cc: @chriscoyier.

Greg777
    Participant

My humble apologies guys…

I actually woke up in the middle of the night and realised that I hadn’t given you a link.

Let me give you a bit more background…the person who developed the website embedded the text content in the main header image for every page. This content cannot be indexed by Google. So I’m trying to fix the problems…

The main website is http://www.carservicerandburg.co.za but the first page I’ve started working on is
    http://www.carservicerandburg.co.za/quality

As mentioned, the added typeface is showing but incorrectly. In Firebug if you highlight the h2 header new text “A workshop you can trust to fit quality parts & a warranty on workmanship” you will see the typeface is BoschSansCond-Bold but it shows as Serif type…

Also, the body text should be BoschSans-Regular

Hope that makes sense….

Appreciate your input…

Regards
    Greg

chrisburton
    Participant

@Greg777 Using developer tools (right click – inspect, then refresh the page), if you click on the console tab, you will see the following:

Now, if you go to one of those links, it returns a 404 Not Found error.

Therefore, the font file in question is not even being loaded correctly. Try fixing the path.

Greg777
    Participant

Thank you Chris….you are a star!!!

The path was the problem.

Really appreciate your help. I learnt something!

Regards
    Greg

chrisburton
    Participant

No problem. Glad I could help, @Greg777.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.