Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Can we try a Crowdsourcing web design project on CSS-Tricks?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

What do you have so far? We all need to come to an agreement before we even start. Otherwise it will be a mess.

ozee

I think that is a noble and terrific idea. I’m all for it.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Thanks @ozee for supporting this idea. Not to mention, once we’re finished, we can all use the design in our portfolio.

rickylamerz

Ok, PeretzM. If you want you can switch. I guess it’s nicer to have a goal for a design. That extends your period. Which means you have till 24-12-2010. Is that ok?

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Wouldn’t everyone agree this is better off started on Monday because of the holiday?

PeretzM

Linked here is the design concept i had started, we can:

1. All decide to scrap this and start anew after the weekend.
    2. All decide to continue with this concept now.
    3. Leave it up to @andrewsellenrick because he’s next in line.

I will not be offended if we don’t use what i did.

About my idea:
    Being that this is a community project, i thought it would be fitting to do something that benefits the community as a whole. The basic idea is that every act of kindness we do, makes this world a better place for everyone. What i envisioned is a bright design (colors in the files are totally just placeholders), where ppl can come and be a part of something good by submitting their commitment to do something nice.

Once again, i will not be offended if we don’t use this.

Good luck.

ozee

I guess we just need to take a vote, I think that we should start on monday personally, skip all this holiday madness. Also, we need to decide what time zone do we want the person to be finished by, our days may end at different hours and someone might start working as another still is if we work late.

ozee

Good design though.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Vote: 1

Pretty nice design. Personally, I would rather give the design away to Cuppy Cake Sam and use it on our portfolio. Remember that the concept was to design a piece of the website not a whole page lol. But again, I like the design and maybe that could be implemented somehow?

Where is everyone else who volunteered?

jamygolden

Let’s continue with it on Monday after all of the madness.

rickylamerz

I think the only way to vote is to write: for example three options. Fully in detail, about what we are going to do, when what needs to be done and in what order. Then we make a vote. We make sure the voting is done before Monday. And in all options the start is Monday. (In the options we also mention the timezone to make sure there is no confusion)

What do you think?

P.S. PeretzM: I really like your design, good job! Depending on the direction we go we will or will not use the design. But either way, great job :)

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

After the holidays it is. I’m East Coast by the way

ozee

I am Central Time Zone

TheDoc

I am going to enjoy watching this thing grow!

andrewsellenrick
    Participant

I will be traveling a lot for the holidays and will be in Hawaii for a few days also. I can try to work on this when my day comes up but If I’m driving to a family Christmas it might be tough. I’m in favor of starting this after the new year.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 124 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.