Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Can we try a Crowdsourcing web design project on CSS-Tricks?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    ozee

Sounds like a good plan to me!

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I think you guys can manage it on your own =) My thoughts are that you would start from total scratch, so the first person gets a totally blank canvas. They should probably set up a little structure and and focus on some area, but don’t create an entire design. Then each person takes it from there doing whatever tweaks they wish and focusing on another area. Always attempting, of course, to make it better.

noahgelman
    Participant

@chriscoyier, would you like to do the honors of picking the site goal (unless we’re sticking with radio station) and randomizing the order?

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I don’t really care for a radio station type website. Let’s just create a template we could all release using HTML5 and CSS3.

noahgelman
    Participant

Maybe the mock we create could be used in Chris’s build a mock contest? He had one a while ago; I wish he would have another.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I think we should all have a meeting to discuss and come to an agreement on what we want to do. Does everyone use gmail and the gmail chat? Or what chat client could we use? Please, do not say windows live messenger. It’s crap.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Tis the season for charity, do a donations-based charity style site. Say, for a dog rescue. I don’t care what you do, just throwing out an idea. The CSS Off is a go for next year, but it’s already got kind of a plan in place.

rickylamerz

Ok, lets do a charity based website. In the following order. Randomly done be me (if you don’t trust me, im sorry :P).

1. @PeretzM
    2. @andrewsellenrick
    3. @jamy_za
    4. @CWDESIGN
    5. @ozee
    6. @noahgelman
    7. @rickylamerz
    8. @daredanger
    9. @ScottF
    10. @JoshWhite

@PeretzM
    gets till the end of 23-12-2010 and needs to upload the design and post the link here. From there we do one each day. So @andrewsellenrick has to be done by 24-12-2010. And if people don’t make the deadline you just continue with the latest design.

Have fun, and let the designing begin!

noahgelman
    Participant

Ok, and so we begin!

Also, @ChrisCoyier, when does the CSS-off start next year? I wasn’t good enough last year to do it.

PeretzM

OK, looks like I’m starting with a charity based website design.

I will post a link here to my design when done.

rickylamerz

Kewl Im looking forward to see what you come up with :D

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I think it’s January, but I’m not sure on exact dates. I’m just kinda helping out this year not heading it up. It’s going to be bigger and better though. More details when appropriate.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Do you guys remember the cuppy cake kid aka cuppy cake sam from youtube who was diagnosed with a rare kidney disease IGM Nephropathy?. He has written a children’s book and is trying to find a cure for his disease. His video went viral with millions of views. He’s been on the Tyra Banks show and many more. I think we should re-design his website from scratch. Especially being an advocate for charity in Spinal Injury, it would be a great gift to give this young kid. What do you think?

HIs website is http://cuppycakesam.com

Youtube Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYaelrmI06o

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Love it.

PeretzM

Not quite sure what to do now, i already started on one design, should i stop and switch?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 124 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.