Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Can someone help me tweak the coding of WordPress Theme?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    HereComesDaGster
    Participant

I know very basic css and I’m usually able to tweak a few simple things, but I just installed a theme on one of my WP sites, and I’m not being able to make heads or tails out of it. I would like for all the active text links sitewide to be font color #920505, and for the hover, I’d like this font color #fe0303 plus text-decoration: underline.

For the slider section, I’d like for the pictures to be clickable, and for the linked images to go to specific posts. Right now, the way the slider is coded, the images appear to be clickable, but when you click on them nothing happens. Currently, only the description text is clickable on the slider.

One last thing is I’d like for the big red “Latest Post” link on the top left corner to completely disappear.

This is the link to the site I’m referring to: http://gloriannaarias.com

And here is the stylesheet: http://gloriannaarias.com/wp-content/themes/profitmag/style.css

I would really appreciate any advice or help you can give me. Thanks.

Alen
    Participant

@herecomesdagster

Open your style.css line # 461, change color:inherit; to color:#920505; and on line 470, change color:#ca2f1a; to color:#fe0303; and also add text-decoration:underline;

Your final CSS would be:

a{
      color:#920505;
      text-decoration: none;
      transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;
      -webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;
      -moz-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out 0s;
    }
    a:hover{
      color:#fe0303;
      text-decoration: underline;
    }

Regarding sidebar there must be a way within WordPress UI / Theme Options or similar you can manage links, content, etc.

One last thing is I’d like for the big red “Latest Post” link on the top left corner to completely disappear.

Looks like you removed this?

HereComesDaGster
    Participant

Hi @Alen, thanks so much. That did fix the links, and yes, I had been able to remove the latest post bit before.

The only thing that I’m still not able to figure out is the images in the slider. However, based on stuff I read, if I understood correctly, I can just replace the code of the slider that originally came with the theme with a different bit of code to completely replace the slider. Do you know if that is possible?

Thanks again for helping.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.