Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Can NextGEN plugin accomplish this list of client wants?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    cre8tive1

Hi all,

I have a client who is looking for a website similar to this sample one: http://www.creativemotiondesign.com/designs/28/

This is a great site for showing off visual products. The issue is that nearly all the content is hidden from the search engines due to the fact that it is database driven.

The plus of a site like this is that the end user only needs to upload images to a specific folder to add images to the website. There is no programming, XML files to be edited etc.

I’ve been brainstorming that there must be a way to create a site like this via CSS/HTML/jQuery/php.

These are the goals that I would like to achieve using something like NextGEN with WordPress:
    1. Every page could be see by the search engines nothing hidden behind a database produced URL.
    2. Clients could upload or delete images by simply uploading to a specific folder. No changes to html/xml etc needed.
    3. Slide show module/component/coding would read meta tags embedded within the images.

The closest thing thing I can find to the above description is NEXTgen plugin for WordPress. Maybe it even has the capabilities. Perhaps I just haven’t messed with it long enough to discover how to accomplish this list of wants.

Anyone out there have any thoughts on where one would start to create a site like I’ve described?

Thanks,

jr

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.