Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Can I use otf font

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jknetdesign
    Participant

Let’s say the client wants ItaliaStd-Book on their website. I have a TypeKit account but they don’t offer this font. I searched Adobe and it’s $60. My graphic designer sent me the ItaliaStd-Book.otf. How does this work. Do I need a licensed version to use on a single website. Does any one know what font on TypeKit is similar to ItaliaStd-Book.otf? Or if I can use this otf what would the @font-face rule set look like?

The font needs to be licensed for web usage. Then, if that is the case, you could use Font Squirrel’s font-face generator.

chrisburton
    Participant

Here is where you can get it as a web font. And I highly doubt that the license terms would allow you to use Font Squirrel for embedding.

RyanMTD

Christopher I believe your are right that they will not allow Font Squirrel embedding for this font. However I believe that you can pay to rent/use the font on a website where fonts.com will host the web font files for you and then you can import them to your site and use them that way http://new.fonts.com/font/itc/italia/book/web-font

Ryan

chrisburton
    Participant

@RyanMTD Correct. That is why I put the link above in my answer. You can use services that are like Typekit but have a much bigger library. Such as myfonts.com, fonts.com, etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.