Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Can anyone help me with post thumbnail stuff with Thematic WP frame work

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mikeman

Hi, I have tried so hard to figure it out myself and by researching it, I just can’t figure it out..

on http://ocixx.com/imretarded/

I am trying to do a couple things, that I have tried to do now for the past several weeks.

One: position medium post thumbs/feature images, in rows of 3.
    Two: remove the textual content from the post, from the home page.
    Three: remove post thumbnail/feature image from single post pages.

Im trying to accomplish this with a child theme that I have up.
    Thank you all for your time

cybershot
    Participant

usually in wordpress, there is code to check if there is a thumbnail and if there is to display that thumbnail. It would look like this

if(has_post_thumbnail()) :
    the_post_thumbnail();
    endif;

removing that code or commenting it out would stop the featured image from displaying. To stop the content on the homepage, you could make a custom homepage. That would be the easiest way. You would make a blank php file, call it homepage.php, at the top you would put this

/*
    * Template Name: homepage
    */

then here you would need a custom loop that would look like this

$homepage_post = new WP_Query();
    $homepage_post->query(array('category_name' => 'homepage' ));
    while ( $homepage_post->have_posts() ) : $homepage_post->the_post(); ?>

the_post_thumbnail('full');
    endif; ?>

This is a very simple loop. So then you would need to create a category called homepage, then you make a page called homepage and on the right sidebar, you would select homepage.php as your page template for that page. If you don’t want to display any text content, don’t put any text in the post and none will display, your other option is to remove the_title() and the_content(). If you do that, this query will only display the post featured image.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.