Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Can anyone else hit S/O right now?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    __
    Participant

This has been going on all morning:

I can’t reach stackoverflow. Chrome, Firefox, Opera all time out. Even through a proxy. Sites like isitdownrightnow report that S/O is available.

Here’s the kicker: ping and wget both work. I can get the page from my terminal, but not from any of my browsers.

This would ordinarily make me suspect that it’s due to a header or cookie my browser is sending. But I only have SO cookies on Chrome —Firefox and Opera have never visited before (and Firefox is in anon mode anyway). The only headers I’m sending are the standard ones: Accept, Accept-Encoding, Accept-Language, Referer, User-Agent. I can’t imagine SO suddenly ignoring traffic based on any of those. And I know it’s not my IP, since I’ve tried through proxies.

This is just an oddity (I’m not really worried about it, and, as I said, I got the info I was looking for), but it’s nagging at me. The place I would normally try to find an answer for this type of problem is, you guessed it, …stackoverflow. Ah, delicious irony.

Any ideas?

Alen
    Participant

It’s available for me, still in Europe.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.