Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Can a PHP rookie build a directory with login?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    amidigital
    Participant

I have very basic understanding of php via wordpress mostly.

I wouldn’t really know where to begin building a directory that can be modified in the wordpress backend.

Does anyone have links to tutorials or demos that would push me in the right direction?

Thanks

chrisburton
    Participant

What exactly are you trying to do? And if you’re trying to create another login system, I would actually recommend using the one that WordPress already has implemented in its core.

amidigital
    Participant

We need to add exhibitor info in the back end. Such as..
    Company name ________
    Company phone ________
    Company category ________
    Company ID ________

And that creates a big list showing only company name.

The company will be able to login with the company ID and make changes to the above fields.

Need to sort and search the list by category.

Fairly basic I hope.

chrisburton
    Participant

Since you’re asking, no, it’s not going to be something as simple as 20 lines of code. It’s going to take time to learn PHP, what to do, what not to do, security, etc. But because my knowledge of WordPress is horrible, I’m not sure I can help you with integrating it.

Rob
    Participant

The custom metabox work on github would allow you to add the custom fields with a nice interface (if your planning on using WordPress posts for the directory listings).

https://github.com/WebDevStudios/Custom-Metaboxes-and-Fields-for-WordPress

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.