Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Caching static html pages for ajax call

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nert

I have been a fan of CSS – Tricks for almost a year now. And it has proved to be a priceless resource (Thanks Chris!) This is my first post although I think this is the plunge to be an active member of the community. :)

Thank you in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

I have recently developed a site that uses ajax to bring in content for tooltips(see link below) and I am having trouble with load times. I would like to cache these html files in the background so there is no lag when they are called/ I would preferably like to load the index page and after loaded have the tooltip pages load in the background. Again thank you to anyone with a resolution to this issue. If js is going to be used I preferably would liek to use the prototype framework.

http://getmoxied.net/merritt/

Thanks again,

Jeff

Nert

sorry about that since been edited. it has been a while since I have used a forum(this is nice). I posted 2 posts by accident at first and deleted the correct one.

thanks again

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I see what you mean about the slow loading tooltips… I’m afraid I don’t have any hard and fast advice. That’s kind of the nature of loading things dynamically. A greater JavaScript developer than me could probably figure out a way…

But as I see it right now, it doesn’t seem like there is so overly many tooltips that you’d have to even do it the way you are. Why not just include the content on the page itself so it doesn’t have to call any external files?

Another solution might be a wicked fast server =)

Matt

If it makes a difference, the site loads in under a second, and the tool tips load within 1-2 seconds.

Not helping with any JS problems, but it’s still fast on my end.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

are you using a thumnail in your tooltip pic or is it the full image scaled down? It just seems like its taking an age to load that image…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.