Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other BuySellAds.com: How does it work?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    justinmyoung

Hi Chris or Anyone on the forum…

I recently had my site approved by BuySellAds.com (http://www.siiimple.com/), but when I began the process of providing an Ad, I realized I have no idea how the process works…

Can someone explain how this system works?

thanks
    justin

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Im sure they have lots of documentation…

http://buysellads.com/support

:D

justinmyoung
    "Robskiwarrior" wrote:
    Im sure they have lots of documentation…

http://buysellads.com/support

:D

Thanks! I went through their support system, got a few answers. The reason I wanted to discuss buysellads.com on this particular forum is that I know Chris uses it, and thought it would be interesting to hear his perspective on it…

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

There isn’t a whole heck of a lot to it. If you’ve been approved already, you’ve gone through all that. Now you just set up some "zones" in which you delcare how many and how large the ad blocks will be. Then you are given some JavaScript code to place on the pages. You can adjust that JavaScript to adjust the CSS to make sure everything looks as planned. Once that is in place the stats from your page start to fill in and advertisers are able to purchase ads. When they do, the money goes into your account and the ad appears on your page.

buysellads

Hi justin, yeah, Chris explained it really well… you get the zones setup, install the ad code and that’s it. Really easy and quick to get started ;) If you need a hand with anything else just let us know…

Squintz

Who can get approved for buysellads?

How does the amount of earnings from bysellads compare to google adsense?

justinmyoung

Thanks Chris…Got it to work! Looks nice.

Thanks again!

"buysellads" wrote:
    Hi justin, yeah, Chris explained it really well… you get the zones setup, install the ad code and that’s it. Really easy and quick to get started ;) If you need a hand with anything else just let us know…

Wow, BuySellAds created a new Id just to answer to the query here :) Now thats called support lol!

Even, I Have a buysellads account but its obviously not approved at the moment.. nothing much on my site.. How much time does it take for a new site to fulfill the requisite criteria for being eligible for buysellads?

Rob MacKay
    Participant

You do have to have a certain amount of traffic before you qualify for an account. I knows that much :)

yea.. but as per their guidelines I think the hit has to be around like 100,000 per month or something? Ain’t that too much? :!: :?
    I mean I never had any experience with traffics so I don’t have much idea about how much traffic does an average site related to web development can have. Well, obviously, my site is not even 0.0000001% of what css-tricks so am not dreaming of getting traffic like chris does :P

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘BuySellAds.com: How does it work?’ is closed to new replies.